View Single Post
Old 12-17-2002, 04:12 PM   #9
hv171

Default Introduce Yourself to the Forum!

Hey all,

I'm Chris Burchett, will be 18 in February '03, and reside in Logan, Ohio (I&OC MP49.6). Currently finishing up my senior year of high school, and I am a student engineer and webmaster at the Hocking Valley Scenic Railway in Nelsonville (www.hvsr.com). I maintain a few other websites, all of which are listed at www.chescweb.com. I have done and am doing quite a bit of research on the original Hocking Valley Railway, which at one time was the largest independent railroad in Ohio. I also am the president of the Teen Association of Model Railroaders, a nationwide organization of teens dedicated to model railroading and railroading in general (www.tamr.org).

Railroads nearby here include the NS Pocahontas Division's West Virginia Secondary, the NS Lake Division's Columbus District, the CSXT C&O Division's Northern Subdivision, the Indiana & Ohio Central's Logan Subdivision, and the Hocking Valley Scenic Railway. The best reception on the scanner comes from the WV Secondary's Athens repeater, as well as the I&OC. Recently, I began a new Yahoo!Group devoted to the Secondary due to an interesting scuffle that occurred on the WVRailfans group. If anyone is interested, this new group can be accessed via http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wvsecondary.

I'd better close here before I get too longwinded than I already am. Looking forward to a bright future for RailPictures.net. Good luck to Chris and Chris with their new website.

Think Safety!

-Chris Burchett
hv171 is offline   Reply With Quote