Thread: Top shot
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 09:15 PM   #122
Joseph Cermak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Well, this is interesting.....

The latest submission from one of the more prolific linkers currently has like 7,000 views, and is at the top when you click the link for "Most Popular - Last 24 hrs", but it does not show on the home page. At the very least, it appears as if this photographer is no longer able to utilize the heavy linking campaign to force his photos to To24. Not sure if that's a blanket change for everybody, or if it is selective. I have noticed that there are several others who have typically done this sort of thing in the past who now appear to have a similar limitation. The views still pile up, but the photos don't make the home page. At the very least, it appears as if Admin is making the effort to address the habitual abuse situations.

Thank you, Admin!!
Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I'm not sure this is the case. I looked as soon as I saw this forum post (sorry for the delay in this response) and it looked like you might have just caught it at the right time due to the different timings used by the homepage TO24 and the image list sorting by most viewed last 24. When I looked, the shot in question was not on the homepage nor showing as a shot posted in the last 24 hours in the list view, but did show as number 2 for past 48 hours both on the homepage and the list. Perhaps an admin will confirm a change, but my initial guess is you just caught it at the right time between refreshes.
Joseph Cermak is offline   Reply With Quote