Thread: Top shot
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 10:59 PM   #123
KevinM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Cermak View Post
Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I'm not sure this is the case. I looked as soon as I saw this forum post (sorry for the delay in this response) and it looked like you might have just caught it at the right time due to the different timings used by the homepage TO24 and the image list sorting by most viewed last 24. When I looked, the shot in question was not on the homepage nor showing as a shot posted in the last 24 hours in the list view, but did show as number 2 for past 48 hours both on the homepage and the list. Perhaps an admin will confirm a change, but my initial guess is you just caught it at the right time between refreshes.
I'm pretty sure of what I reported. When I looked, the Schauer photo had 7,000+ views and showed at the top of the stack (by a decent margin of views) when I clicked the link, but it was not on the home page, and never made the home page after I started looking at it. I had an image up there at the time, which was the reason I looked in the first place. When I saw the Schauer image, I didn't think mine had a chance, but I was pleasantly surprised. I know for fact that Admin has indeed limited some contributors. They said so publicly right here on the forums. Georg Trub had an image that was right up there in view-count in the same timeframe as the Schauer picture, but it also never appeared on the home page. As Mitch reports, I think that KB is now restricted to one image in To24, so he can't grab all 4 slots by posting and linking 4 images.

Again, I don't know if this imposed across the board. I suspect that it is only focused on people who have been abusing the linking campaigns.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Albums from Steam Railroads all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote