Thread: Csxt
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 05:09 PM   #20
coborn35

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazytiger View Post
There should never be ANY ampersands in Reporting Marks. That screws the link, because ampersands mean something in HTML code. Also, I agree you should put down the reporting marks that are on the engine and the railroad that the unit was numbered as. I.E., a patched unit should be identified using the railroad who patched it, but an unpatched should not be.
No! You are wrong. Read the RP rules. Its really not that hard. Its one sentence. Read it. My word.
I dont care if the unit is purple, green and polka dotted with orange zig zags and the reporting marks DMIRWCGTWEJEBLE #26364782828464.
If the CN owns it, thats the railroad you list it under!
I personally have had a problem with those trying to tell us to turn railroad photography into an "art form." It's fine for them to do so, I welcome it in fact, but what I do have a problem with is that the practitioners of the more "arty" shots, I have found, tend to look down their nose's at others who are shooting more "mundane" shots.
Railroad photography is what you make of it, but one way is not "better" than another, IMHO. Unless you have a pole right thought the nose of the engine! -SG
coborn35 is offline   Reply With Quote