View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 10:45 PM   #18
Decapod401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewup on the CW View Post
This was my 3rd attempt/comp. rejection. Still didnt suit RP
With all of the dead space, I'm not sure why you are using a wide aspect ratio - that just exaggerates the compositional issue of dead space on the side. I also don't know why in the second attachment, you put the subject so close to the edge, since that also exaggerates the dead space on the left. Given the original image, Here is my take on a composition that works somewhat better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CWPicEdit2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	350.3 KB
ID:	9451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewup on the CW View Post
Sure its not show stopper, which is a majority of the pics on RP and in my collection but knocking it out the park on every pic is un-realistic. Besides, I have other objectives for getting pics on RP or posting here on the forums.
You don't have to knock it out of the park on every picture, but I think you'll find more improvement in your photography if you try to. I was always fortunate to have friends who were good photographers, and there was always a friendly rivalry to better the other guy, which drove us all to be better.I tend to agree with miningcamper that I would scroll past this thumbnail. As I scan my old slides, I find for every image that I post, there are four that I don't. I would rather not post an image than post one that isn't interesting. For me, a shot of an NS widecab nose in a nondescript location isn't compelling.

My RP Pics are HERE.

I've now got a Flickr. account, too.

Last edited by Decapod401; 06-12-2017 at 11:15 PM.
Decapod401 is offline   Reply With Quote