Thread: Just a rant
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #68
JimThias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freericks View Post
You didn't notice the difference between the tenor of that attacks on Clinton versus against Papa Bush, Reagan, Carter, and Ford? Maybe you're too young to have lived through it.
I've been listening to and a fan of talk radio for over 25 years. I've heard it all, especially from liberals who have been less than gracious about Reagan.

Quote:
There's a difference between criticizing the President and telling lie after horrific lie about him - claiming he doesn't love the country for example. Liberals were absolutely wrong doing it against W and Conservatives are wrong doing it against Obama. What happened to decorum? What happened to love of country? Who are these folk?

Maybe I've become the old guy in the corner yelling "get off my lawn," but I remember when folks had some respect and tried to work together. If someone had said about Reagan or Carter what Rush says today, he would be an utter failure. No one would listen.
It's human nature. People have, and always will, criticize and attack those who share a different political belief.

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias

Last edited by JimThias; 07-26-2011 at 11:00 AM.
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote