View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
Chris Z

Send a message via Skype™ to Chris Z

Well I just got back from Vermilion again and ended up with a few more pictures.
I found the railfan park platform and got a few shots from there. I was hoping to meet some local railfans, but only met a railfan from Texas.

I received a call from some friends in Pennsylvania, and invited me up for the weekend. Everyone has a friend in PA, right? Being kind of close, I drove up there. After visiting a local hobby shop and lightening my wallet some, we went trackside and caught quite a few freights. Here's one of them.

Later, I asked about going up to Mt. Washington to get some shots because I've seen some really nice ones on RP from there. I couldn't find a really good location to shoot from because the trees were in the way and became a problem. I don't know what some of here did to get those shots. Maybe some repelling?

Here's a shot with a CSX train streaking across the bottom after a football game. Don't think it's RP stuff, but I still like it.

Later we went to visit Conway and some other areas and late at night with poor lighting it wasn't all that great. Here's a ISO 6400 shot, hand held.

I'll be going back there soon again.

Chris Z

Last edited by Chris Z; 01-17-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote