View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 02:59 AM   #20
Decapod401

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortis View Post
Ok I have to ask.
I am an amateur photographer and I like trains. I don't claim to be a good train photographer but from hundreds of pictures, I submitted my best to Railpictures.net so I could share them with other train fans. We are talking about 5-6 pictures. My absolute best.
All of them were rejected.

So I have to ask.
What is wrong with this tram picture from Budapest?

https://www.railpictures.net/viewrej...06&key=9517078

I don't want to brag but I think it is a fine piece of tram-photography.
The light is sweet. The background is interesting and the tram itself is fantastic.

I would think that the photo is at least good enough to be part of this web-site. Maybe not a top-shot but better than a lot of pictures that I have seen in here.

The reason for rejection was: "Lighting (Cloudy): Cloudy day shots of common/standard power, as well as cloudy images of common/standard angles and scenes, are generally not accepted."

Please be honest because I don't get it.
Thank you
I dug into a wayback machine and found an old post of mine responding to a new-to-RP frustrated contributor. Here are some excerpts:

If you intend to use RP as a learning tool, read the beginner's guide (link below) and some of the forum threads dealing with rejections. My recommendation is to wait until after you have absorbed this material before submitting again. Then go back and look at your own photos with a very critical eye, and only submit photos that have no flaws that you can see. You will still get rejections (we all do), but you will improve your percentages. If you submit photos to simply learn how to take better images, you will find RP and its forums a very frustrating place.

Rule #1 is that criticisms are about your photograph, not about you. If you ask for advice, the people here on the forums will be brutally honest, but honesty will help your photography, as long as you don't let emotions get in the way.

http://forums.railpictures.net/showthread.php?t=11436

My RP Pics are HERE.

I've now got a Flickr. account, too.
Decapod401 is offline   Reply With Quote