View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
KevinM

I sometimes use active D-Lighting on my D90 during the summer months when sun angles aren't the best and I want just a bit more detail in shadowed areas. When I do use it, I use the minimal setting. The higher settings just make the image look way over-processed...at least in my opinion. Most of the time, I leave the feature OFF.

As for Capture NX2.... I find it annoying that Nikon does not include it with the camera. It is not particularly expensive at about $130 from B&H. They do however, allow a free 60-day trial and the download isn't too large. I did the trial and found the program to be pretty capable, but it was less straightforward to learn than the Adobe Products. I also tried Lightroom 3 and when that became available before Christmas for $150 on Amazon.com, I went for it. I find that Lightroom allows me to quickly review all frames from a shoot, select the ones I like best, then get those shots postprocessed as efficiently as possible.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote