View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 11:53 PM   #26
hoydie17
We Own The Night...

Send a message via AIM to hoydie17 Send a message via Yahoo to hoydie17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Flanary View Post
I'm sure the guys in my age bracket (60 and older) would agree: that rarely, if ever, happened back in the "old" days. But, it's just one more aspect of the loss of civility and respect, and the deterioration of society. Politicians don't make public policy now---they scream at each other as if it's a blood sport. The whole nation is rude and polarized, so it's not a good place to be now.

Sure, I miss the old days when a member of the crew would lean out and wave--with all five fingers extended, rather than one.
If it matters, I totally started a slow clap for this.

A year or so ago, I was out with a friend and he had his two boys with us, 6 and 11 respectively. Conductor on a local decided to give us all the finger. It was a very tough decision to e-mail the photo to the railroad knowing how touchy a subject it can be among train crews. Nevertheless, what kind of example is that to demonstrate in front of kids?

Several months later, we had the polar opposite. Train was stopped waiting for a couple to pass by, and the engineer invited us up into the cab to shoot the breeze while they waited.

Some folks just can't be nice enough, and others just can't be nice. . .

Or if you want to see my work here at RP.net? Click here.

"It's just a damn train son!"
hoydie17 is offline   Reply With Quote