View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 11:18 PM   #25
KevinM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Russell - NZ View Post
Thanks Jim. That's interesting. Perhaps there are honorary Elite members. Or maybe only overseas members have to subscribe to be unlimited?
Hi John,

No, there is nothing sinister about Jim's 10 upload limit. Lots of us have that same limit.. When the site first opened in the early 2000's everyone started with a 10 upload limit. That practice continued until late in the decade. At one point, Admin began discussing reducing the limit for those who had high rates of rejection and they ultimately began to enforce that practice. Eventually, with lots of new people joining and starting to blitz the upload queue with sub-par work, Admin placed a limit on all new members. That's when they also started to offer Elite Memberships for those who wanted more.

At least as of right now, those original members who managed to figure out the "RP Recipe" without feeling the need to blitz the queue, appeal every last rejection or send nasty e-mails to the Admins still have the 10 shot limit on uploads. I personally never abuse it. I think the max I have ever done was about 7 shots, and that was probably just once. I rarely upload more than one a day and lately, I have just been too busy to find the time. Hopefully, that will change as we approach the holidays.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote