Thread: Greetings all
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 11:24 PM   #7
ScottoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by miningcamper1 View Post
Sorry you didn't like the reply.

Would you prefer "Don't take a photo in poor light with a shrub in front of the pilot plow."?

Learning what will fly here will come with time. Or you can read previous comment threads which cover just about any conceivable rejection reason.
The reply came across as "your s&^t isn't nearly good enough to be seen with my superior photographs". Very elitist instead of giving constructive advise.

And yes I would have preferred hearing "a shrub in front of the plow" will get a photo rejected!! At least that is something tangible that I can understand.

Maybe I am far too simple-minded in my thinking but what makes this photo "poor light". I've seen plenty of photos including some of yours that have been published with glare in windows, or shadows across part of the nose. Just as what you are saying is so horribly wrong with mine. Yours were accepted, mine was not.

I had other photographs submitted and rejected with grey skies, and given this rejection comment: - Lighting (Cloudy): Cloudy day shots of common/standard power, as well as cloudy images of common/standard angles and scenes, are generally not accepted."

As I have said previously, the judgments of photograph submissions seems to vary greatly, and that is causing my confusion as to what is acceptable or not.

I am in no way shape or form suggesting that my photos are suburb but the lines seem to be blurred. When someone new to the site is asking questions about why or how....photo's are accepted or rejected.
ScottoT is offline   Reply With Quote