View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 11:04 AM   #13
JRMDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 567C
I am surprised to see no response to try and HELP you understand what is wrong, and possible solutions. That is the stated purpose of these forums. However, much to my chagrin, I have learned the hard way that forums degenerate to a select few participants, who treat outsiders poorly.
Please read my posts again. Sometimes help consists of saying an image is not good enough and not fixable/improvable, instead of explaining how to fix it. Certainly in this case, the problem is not post-processing. You may disagree with that assessment, but don't accuse me, for one, of treating this person poorly. I took some time to write out some detailed comments. I didn't treat this outsider (and, welcome to them!) poorly, I found the picture in question to have little merit. There is a huge difference between the two.

Quote:
If you like, send me a .tiff high quality file. I'd like to fiddle around with it and see if I can get an acceptable image for you.
Please explain what it is about this shot that you think will make it acceptable after further post processing. What do you see in this shot?

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote