Thread: Cameras
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 12:29 AM   #15
LSRC Railfan

When I was young, I only watched the trains. My father used to be big into taking train photos but around the new millennium he stopped. He was shooting with a Pentax K1000, a 50 f/2, and a 28-80 f/3.5-4.5 (?). But I purchased a disposable film camera from Wal-Mart for a class field trip. I got back home and realized that I still has some photos left to take. So next time I was trackside I snapped a few photos. I went on doing that for the rest of the summer. Then my mother got an Olympus 3.2 mp 3x zoom camera. I was HOOKED. After a year and a half of using that (I have photos taken from it on the data base) I wanted bigger and better. I saved all summer and bought a Powershot S2IS. After two years of rugged service I let it go this summer for a dSRL. I'm in love! I stuck with Canon over Nikon (which I was tempted to get) for many reasons. I had a relative selling an XT, the company I work for shoots Canon, and all my railfan buddies shoot Canon. I got the XT. The XT isn't perfect but I'm really loving it! Currently I only have the 18-55 kit and the Sigma 17-70 from the studio I work for now. Soon I will be purchasing the 70-200 f/4L and the 50 f/1.8. I will, probably in the next few months, trade in my XT for a 20D. Then I'm looking at the 17-40 f/4L, 24-105 f/4L IS, and the 300 f/4L IS.

Last edited by LSRC Railfan; 11-13-2008 at 12:36 AM.
LSRC Railfan is offline   Reply With Quote