View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 09:35 AM   #1
Daniel SIMON

Default PRELLBOCK Publishing house in Switzerland

To all Railpictures.net photographers,

Should you one day receive a request from Mr. Inäbnit from the PRELLBOCK publishing house in Szwiterland to use one of your pictures for a book, please just ignore his request and do not send any photo to him. For more details, please read the below mail that I have sent to Mr. Inäbnit last Tuesday. As of today, I still did not receive any feedback from this Gentlemen.

"
Mr. Inäbnit,

On January 17, 2018, you contacted me via Railpictures.net asking for permission to use two of my photos for your new Furka book. The same day, I sent you a high resolution version of these two photos.

As a thank you, you wrote that you would send me a copy of the book after it was published. According to your website, the book "Die Dampflokomotiven der Dampfbahn Furka-Bergstrecke" was published on October 15, 2018.

To this day, I have not received the copy of the book you promised to forward me. I have sent you two emails (21st of December 2018 and 25th of January 2019) to kindly remind you of your promise. Sadly, I received no response from you following these two emails.

I deplore your behavior which is very dishonest. You do not respect your word. It is understood that you will not receive any more photo from me for any other new request from your side. Several of my photos have already been published in magazines and books worldwide (USA, Germany, Great Britain, Sri Lanka anf France). For this, I have always been rewarded either by a money payment or by sending a copy of the magazine or book.

Please do not forget that small publishing houses like Prellbock depend heavily on the collaboration of the many hobby rail photographers like me. Without them, you would have trouble finding the necessary documentation necessary for your books.

I will post a note on the Railpictures.com forum to warn all photographers around the world of your dishonesty. I am sorry to have to write this, but you have forced me by your lack of honesty and respect.
Daniel SIMON
"
Daniel SIMON is offline   Reply With Quote