View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 01:46 AM   #2
Ween

Geez, Willie, this is like picking favorites among your children! Not quite, but like children, some photos you thought were going to turn out better when you set up than what they actually did, while others come out of the woodwork and make you proud. These are teh ones I keep coming back to, so here's my Five Fav from Oh Five:

1) This shot is exactly why I wanted the 70-200mm f/4.0L. This shot was taken at almost 9PM, during the beginnings of another awesome ND sunset, which gave me some sweet light to work with (and it lit up that grain silo quite nice). I just love the colors and the fact that a Warbonnet was leading made it extra sweet.
Image © Chris Paulhamus
PhotoID: 112983
Photograph © Chris Paulhamus

2) For whatever reason, I love this shot. Maybe it's the angle. Maybe it's the S-curve. Maybe it's the Front Range in the background. Maybe it's all of the above.
Image © Chris Paulhamus
PhotoID: 115595

3) This was one of those shots that turned out the way I had envisioned it. I stood out on this little cliff for ~30 minutes waiting for this guy to get here. Low clouds were threatening to make it a wasted effort, but enough sun got through that made it a keeper.
Image © Chris Paulhamus
PhotoID: 115633

4) This is the shot that validated the XT. Working with the 2.0MP Nikon, shots like this were outside the realm of possibility. This Easter Sunday shot with a nice (and somewhat rare for this line) SD60M tri-clops was more than I could have hoped for.
Image © Chris Paulhamus
PhotoID: 99314

5) This is one of those that came out the woodwork and knocked my socks off. I had wanted for a while to get that little bridge in a shot, and this was my chance. This train was at track speed and I had to race out of Grand Forks to get ahead of it. I had no time to pick the 'sweet' spot for the best angle, but this grab shot worked out better than if I would have planned it. I just hope I can remember where I was standing next time I'm there!
Image © Chris Paulhamus
PhotoID: 128235

PS No UP. Sweet!