View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 07:45 PM   #9
fuente1

Location: Concord, NC MP 355 on NS Piedmont Divison Charlotte District
Send a message via AIM to fuente1 Send a message via Yahoo to fuente1

Nice photos everyone! I dont usually shoot mainline/Class I type stuff, I hope everyone enjoys some shots that are off the beaten path.

#1 First public Doubleheader since 1997. The crew ran those 2 in unison like true professionals. Shot was taken on the left side of Dead Horse Trestle when a lucky sucker hole opened up. #12 is in her original mid 20's ET&WNC RR paint scheme for this weekend only.
Image © Bart Davis
PhotoID: 117231
Photograph © Bart Davis

#2 Management somehow got ahold of Bob Timberlake's Model A Ford and posed it with #12 at the rural grade crossing just before the trestle shown in the photo above. Those 2 machines are not far apart in age
Image © Bart Davis
PhotoID: 120504
Photograph © Bart Davis

#3 ex-ET&WNC #12 leads ex-White Pass & Yukon #190 around Roundhouse Mountain. This photo is great because it shows both engines building a large head of steam (as you can see from the safety valves about to open) as they prepare to assault the 5+% grade thru the blasted out cut. There is NOTHING on earth like hearing 2 steam locomotives assault a 5+% grade together!
Image © Bart Davis
PhotoID: 128968
Photograph © Bart Davis

#4 This photo was taken on the last weekend of operations for Tweetsie, #12 has regained her "Tweetsie Railroad" lettering, which she shed for Ralfan Weekend, when she became "ET&WNC #12" The leaves are off the trees and there is a chill in the air leaving a nice cottony cloud of steam coming out of her stack as she crosses Dead Horse Trestle.
Image © Bart Davis
PhotoID: 123738
Photograph © Bart Davis

#5 This photo shows the firemen preparing #190 for a busy day during Railfan Weekend at Tweetsie Railroad. They are greasing all of the moving parts on the rods with graphite based lubricant. This was the beginning of a very interesting day, as #190 hauled the regular passenger train, while #12 chased her with a special "ET&WNC" train complete with a coach from around 1873 painted in ET&WNC livery.
Image © Bart Davis
PhotoID: 129037
Photograph © Bart Davis

Last edited by fuente1; 01-06-2006 at 07:55 PM.
fuente1 is offline   Reply With Quote