View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 08:47 PM   #3
jaanfo

The "Classic shots" you always see (Such as the one above) are taken at Del Mar, Ca. About a mile southwest of the racetrack, and up near Santa Barbara, whereas the shots taken from "out at sea" looking at the coast are shot from the San Clemente pier.

Image © Matt Topper
PhotoID: 101297
Photograph © Matt Topper

from San Clemente Pier

Image © Richard Sugg
PhotoID: 109744
Photograph © Richard Sugg

Ventura Beach

And the Coaster in Sammy's post was shot along Del Mar Beach

Fullerton is great for shooting a lot of just about anything... with the 11 daily Surfliner Round Trips, Metrolinks, Amtrak 4, and Freight Traffic. Fullerton is a gateway into and out of Redondo Junction. for the shots along the Coast, work your way North for more Freight trattic, and South for more Passenger Traffic as Amtrak only has 10 trains through the central Coast, but I read the OS often enough and know those Amtraks are often held for two or three Freights to pass. Down South you have Coaster, Amtrak, metrolink, all with multiple round trips, and the Occasional Freight during the day (1 or 2 of them). Downtown San Diego has a lot of Freight Traffic after about 10 PM, I've sat at the depot watching three or four go out one after the other before.

Enjoy your trip, I probably confused you more.
jaanfo is offline   Reply With Quote