View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 12:07 PM   #34
Mgoldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
I don't know, Mitch. Until we get to see the straight of the camera images, I will remain skeptical and believe that a lot of processing is involved. Nothing wrong with that at all.
I think most of us agree - exaggerations are acceptable, so long as they don't get too extreme. Used like spice, they add, so long as you don't dump them on the main dish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
I appreciate the images, but to this day I've yet to learn of a camera that can capture the same range of light as the human eye, or one that can create scenes that look more magical than what the human eye saw.
Still shooting with Canon, too? Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis A. Livesey View Post
So the question of is the image any good is secondary to the journalistic litmus test?
Not sure why you are getting confused on a response that seems well stated.

No, the question of "is the image any good" is not secondary to where it is posted. The question is - does that image, which can be fantastic, belong in a collection of other images that play by another set of rules - whether assumed or - as is the case for RP, listed for patrons to abide by.

We are talking simultaneously about two issues - one a gross exaggeration and the other, manipulation. I naturally am much more tolerating of exaggerations than manipulations.

/Mitch

Last edited by Mgoldman; 03-05-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Mgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote