View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 09:15 PM   #20
John Russell - NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Hi John,

I have the opposite problem. I have a tendency to go too wide, trying to capture all of the plume and lots of nearby scenery. I like to shoot scenes that contain a train. As a result, I often need to crop more than I would like. That's one of the reasons I picked up a D850 (45 MP). Of course, that camera also magnifies the flaws in one's technique.
I haven't noticed any flaws in your technique Kevin! I love your photography and I'm amazed you haven't got thousands more following you on flickr. I'm guessing you mean the ability to zoom in and see some slight imperfection. I found that even my 60D images processed by "experts" in LightRoom looked terribly grainy when zoomed in so I stuck to what little I was doing wth DPP and PSE. Trying not to get this thread off on another tangent, but I must say the higher res RP now accepts is a big step up in my opinion. I'd recommend uploading max size here and a higher size on flickr. My screen view in flickr really doesn't do your photos justice at all. I might need to look into settings.
John Russell - NZ is offline   Reply With Quote