View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #60
KevinM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblaz View Post
Jim, how would you solve this dilemma on photo charters? Get everyone together at the end and plan who's posting which runby?

There are certain charter attendees that are notorious for posting almost every angle as soon as they get home. For someone helping putting the charter together, I'm glad that the charter gets recognition almost as soon as it's over. At the same time, by the time I get home and get my shots downloaded, there's usually 30-50 shots already added, so the shots end up sitting on my hard drive.

- Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgoldman View Post
BRING 'EM ON - the more the merrier.

How can you have "the best railroad photos on the 'net!" if you only accept the first photos on the 'net?

/Mitch
I guess these two quotes pretty much summarize my thoughts on this subject. If the stated goal is to display the "best on the 'net", the screening policy of rejecting "similar to previous" is not necessarily supporting that goal. I can't speak for everyone else, but I certainly have seen PoTW and SCA images submitted from hotel rooms, that were later trumped by better quality images from those who weren't in such a heated rush for attention. First ain't always best. 'Nuff said.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote