View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 09:07 AM   #1
E-diddy!

Default My first intro to rail photography, took these tonight

I've been photographing aircraft for some time now, and as it's been, it's been a struggle to constantly shoot to the standards that the popular sites, airliners.net and railpictures sister site jetphotos.net have put forth. The quality standard I have nothing against (and I apologize in advance for the incoherence of this particular thread but i do have a few Coors running through me ), but for some reason with aircraft I've always struggled with the motive standards set forth. So with that being said, I think I'd like to start off rail photography the right way, without conforming to any standards and I guess I'll just upload whatever might make it on here. It seems as though you guys prefer to see locomotives and unfortunately this time around I don't have any good shots of any locos, but here are some shots of the Grand Forks rail yard at night:

Canon 20D - Canon EF-S 18-55, just a photo underneath the Columbia St. Bridge

Canon 20D - Sigma 80-400 EX OS APO, just off the railyard is a coal furnace that heats up a steam heater that sends warm steam to the buildings on the University of North Dakota campus. It has a connection to the rail yard, I guess you'd call this the garage.

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by E-diddy!; 07-27-2007 at 09:13 AM. Reason: oye...need to drink less before posting
E-diddy! is offline   Reply With Quote