View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 10:08 PM   #10
MassArt Images

Monday morning was dreary and cold. We had breakfast at the ranch with the owners. After enjoying a home cooked breakfast with the Lund's we headed back to the cabin. After BS'ing for a while we headed to Belmont to catch some action.

Name:  IMGP2262_RZ.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  726.6 KB

While hanging out there we met a couple chaps from England who were doing a two week rail junkie that started in Chicago and circled through California before returning to Chicago.

It was interesting to see the helpers uncouple on-the-fly using a special set-up on the front of the engine.

Name:  IMGP2264_RZ.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  782.7 KB

The clouds finally dissipated after we left Belmont to head back to the ranch. We caught some more coal trains on the way back then stopped at the cabin for some supplies before beginning an arduous hike to Breezy Point.

Name:  IMGP2295_RZ.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  747.1 KB

Breezy Point is a good name for the upper horseshoe. We worked our way around to the point trying to get some shots with the sun angles afforded us.
Don got a couple nice shots from the inside loop.

Image © Don Janes
PhotoID: 452461
Photograph © Don Janes

Image © Don Janes
PhotoID: 452462
Photograph © Don Janes

By the time we got to the point the sun angles made shots more difficult but we were still able get some shots before calling it a day.

Name:  IMGP2326_RZ.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  706.0 KB

Tuesday morning I awoke to find clear skies. Sweet! I had to poke and prod Mike and Don to get them moving. We worked the bottom horseshoe entrance and progressed up into the first horseshoe entrance before calling it a day shortly after noon time. Several nice shots were obtained and BNSF obliged us with a steady flow off traffic in both directions.

Image © Carl Massart
PhotoID: 456053
Photograph © Carl Massart

Image © Carl Massart
PhotoID: 456980

Image © Carl Massart
PhotoID: 454648

Image © Carl Massart
PhotoID: 457054

Image © Carl Massart
PhotoID: 455925

Image © Mike Danneman
PhotoID: 455312
Photograph © Mike Danneman

Image © Mike Danneman
PhotoID: 455315
Photograph © Mike Danneman

After lunch in Crawford, Don and I headed for Alliance and Mike headed back home. After getting some nice shots on the way to Alliance, we headed back to Cheyenne for the night.

Image © Don Janes
PhotoID: 454420
Photograph © Don Janes

Image © Carl Massart
PhotoID: 452307

Image © Carl Massart
PhotoID: 464680

The following day we headed back to Denver to see Mike and get a tour of his N Scale Moffatt Sub layout before heading to the airport to catch a flight back to reality.

If you want to see some images of his layout do a Google search.

The End.

My RP pics are HERE

My website is HERE

Last edited by MassArt Images; 01-22-2014 at 02:56 AM.
MassArt Images is offline   Reply With Quote