View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 11:38 PM   #9
KevinM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moof View Post
What do you mean by "pop"? My english is far away from perfect, but as I understood, there is already too much contrast there.
Hi Filip,

The samples you provided look very dark, almost underexposed. The darks need to be brightened some and the shadows need to be opened up. Yes, you can say that's "your style" and that's fine.....but it's THEIR site, and they get to decide what they want their product (meaning all of the photographs) to look like. If they want brighter, more vibrant photos, you either have to conform, or you have the option to get your own site (SmugMug, Xenfolio, etc.) where you control the content and can post whatever you like.

I agree with the others that your images have the potential to be of interest to the RP audience, but the current presentation doesn't match the RP norm.

Hey, all of us went through a similar phase when we first joined. We all got the rejections. The folks who are still here are the ones who didn't cuss out the Admins, but rather, decided we wanted our work displayed here and we were going to do whatever it took to get it accepted here.

RP is definitely not for everybody. I know some very fine rail photographers who have just decided that the RP rules are not for them. To each his own.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote