View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #7
Kyle Korienek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
Only in the sense that f4.3 would be the "anti-sweet spot" of the particular lens used. A large aperture is not going to automatically make the focus "go away" if the proper focus was achieved in the first place.

But then again, as I reread your post, it appears I misunderstood and you're actually contradicting yourself. "f4.3 did this," with "this" being the image too soft, yet, you tell him to go wider (f4? f2.8?) and the focus issue will go away. Hmmm....
Jim, my bad, I meant go narrower, like f/7.1 or f/8, f/6.3 is even acceptable at times. I say that because I can clearly see the college sign in the background is in focus, AF got it, and left everything else blurry. I will concede that there is something bigger wrong, AF failure is likely, but the aperture that wide exacerbates the problem.

Apparently the cold I have is messing with my brain, it must not be a cold, I must have mad cow disease or something...

My RP Photos

Flickr! New & Improved!

Me In A Speedo

"I don't do this to make money or to please anyone, you people are too difficult to please and too cheap to buy my crap."
Kyle Korienek is offline   Reply With Quote