View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #16
troy12n
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
The funny thing is that when Flickr went through their first sight redesign a few months ago, people were dropping off that site like flies. Some people never came back. I looked around for another site like Flickr and never really found one. I still prefer the old Flickr, but I use that site as much if not more than RP. Until I went on Fine Art America, Flickr was where I sold most of my work that sold.
Their site redesign still sucks. People just got used to it or gave up with trying to find an alternative

Yahoo is one of the worst run internet companies now. I guess that's what happens when you hire a 20 something unqualified woman as CEO who has no work ethic (look her up, and her personal telecommute policy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
I used to think that before, but then again, I didn't fully understand how flickr worked. If you don't want to see any crap, then don't "follow" anyone who takes crappy pics. And since I can choose whose photos I'd like to see, I rarely see anything that's much crappier than the crappiest on RP.
That works fine as long as you JUST follow well known or at least good photographers. Try searching for a specific RR or something, you find some stuff worse than on RRPictureArchives.net
troy12n is offline   Reply With Quote