Thread: PAS - Comments?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 03:50 AM   #3
RobJor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
This image definitely fits in the "artsy" category, which means that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some might say it lacks a well-defined subject, but to me, the subject is the track layout. It also has a nice sky going for it. But unfortunately, it's like something is missing and I can't quite put my finger on what. I want something more. Some rolling stock closer to the camera would have made it more interesting. I might also avoid cutting off that prominent switch stand in the foreground.....or crop it out entirely.

I keep coming back to "something is missing."
Switch stand is almost in, lack of attention to detail, probably shifted a little at last. I have another more of tele without switch stand but got a sneaky feeling that will not help. I think it has positive elements, roundhouse, track layout, industrial setting, sky. I am not making a big push that this should be in but there should be room for some of this type. Not necessarily knocking others photos because certainly some of mine fit the bill but a great number of photos are a train(often nothing special) and trees or a train and a signal, train and ballast????

Break the mold once in a while?

Bob

Bob
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote