View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 05:39 AM   #2
hoydie17
We Own The Night...

Send a message via AIM to hoydie17 Send a message via Yahoo to hoydie17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSX1702 View Post
Forgive me if there has been another thread about this, I did not look it up.

I have to say I was disappointed in the new railfan park built in Fostoria. It was a good idea, but executed poorly. There is only one viewing platform and it is right next to the NS, the least active of the 3 mainlines there. That's also where the restrooms and most of the parking is at.

That being said, you can still park pretty much everywhere you could before, but it would be nice if they would build another platform and parking lot near the B&O. Does anyone know if they have plans to do anything like this?
The plan was to eventually build platforms for the two CSX lines as well.

Of course, they can only do it when they get the money to do so. The funding to build the one there now as provided largely from private donations and grants, no tax dollars went into it other than to acquire the property and clean up the old structure that used to occupy the spot.

Fostoria's Chamber of Commerce and the Tourism Board wanted to build observation platforms along the CSX lines first as opposed to NS. But, you guessed it, our ever railfan-friendly CSX folks raised a stink over it saying that they felt that it would encourage more trespassing near F-Tower. NS put up less of a resistance to it, hence why it was built closer to the NS tracks.

The future plan was to have at least two sizable platforms in the triangle, one next to the B&O, and the existing one by the NKP. There was some hope that when CSX eventually deactivates F-Tower, that the city could acquire the land it sits on for a third platform.

Will it ever happen? Who knows, maybe if CSX ever gets the corncob out of its collective ass when it comes to railfans.

Or if you want to see my work here at RP.net? Click here.

"It's just a damn train son!"
hoydie17 is offline   Reply With Quote