View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 01:59 PM   #62
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew

Send a message via AIM to Chase55671 Send a message via MSN to Chase55671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrator View Post
Ha...I see!

Still, just because many may be doing it and having some in the archives doesn't make it right. It may just mean the screenies do not know of the manipulation, heck they get lots of images thrown at them it would be very difficult to always catch these. Or it could mean something else, all I know is that the rules prohibit any manipulations beyond simple cropping, sharpening and leveling. I respect their rules and wish not to infringe by deliberately doing otherwise. My understanding of the rules, HDR/TM and even multi-exposure manual blending falls way outside of the guidelines otherwise I think an admin would have stipulated differently long ago.

This reminds me of the saying "dirty little secret" and "don't ask don't tell"!

This whole multi-image manipulation for HDR/blending will be ending within the next few years I suspect... when the next-gen cameras DR are increased enough to cover most shots DR. So RP will not have to update their rules if they wait long enough.

It is good though to see RP folks using HDR/TM to help them garner better images, I kinda suspected they would.
As others have clearly stated repeatedly, you seem to be missing the entire point. The other members, who are obviously quite familiar with the guidelines on manipulation have told you what is acceptable and what is not. While yes, you're correct in that the current guidelines state that manipulation of any sort, is strictly prohibited, but as of recent years, it is clearly visible that HDR and similar associates of HDR are accepted into the database. It is not a matter of the screeners being unaware of the manipulation, it is simply acceptable, to an extent. If it appears tastefully done, then in most cases, it is acceptable. If it clearly appears "fake", then most likely, the screeners will nab it for manipulation. Obviously, the screeners have not addressed the issue any further, as other members have again, repeatedly stated.

I'm still uncertain as to what the big deal is and the nearly two page debate. If you're a frequent visitor to RP, you'll notice from time to time, that HDR stuff is accepted. So why continue to make a fuss and make a huge and rather pointless deal over it? If you're this curious over it, then simply upload an HDR image and see what happens.

Chase
Click here to view my photos at Railpictures.Net
SLR Night Photography Tutorial | Railpictures.Net Beginners Guide
Chase55671 is offline   Reply With Quote