Thread: Hdr?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #63
travsirocz

Send a message via AIM to travsirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrator View Post

"Manipulation:

The purpose of our website is to display genuine, authentic photographs of trains and railroad related scenes. Bearing this in mind, digital manipulation of photographs (beyond standard post-processing techniques such as levelling, sharpening, dust removal, etc.) is not permitted on photographs submitted to RailPictures.Net."

Has post processing changed much since this site was created? Do you expect the site not to move forward with technology? I think standard processing isn't what it use to be and has grown. People also forget that film had a higher dynamic range then most digital cameras even if it wasn't much.

Go back to the first photos accepted on this site and ask your self if that is what you only want to see. HDR is what color was to black and white back in the day in my opinion. Standard processing can mean alot of different things to different people. To a pro - standard processing mean much more then to a newb using Paint to process his photos. A lot of people also miss the "etc." at the end of (beyond standard post-processing techniques such as levelling, sharpening, dust removal, etc.) which can mean a lot of things. Is using a noise filter or program beyond normal processing? I bet it was when this was written. It all comes down to it looking as close to real as a screener feels is acceptable.

Bottom line - the standards have grown along with the rest of the photography world.

Last edited by travsirocz; 12-29-2009 at 03:15 PM.
travsirocz is offline   Reply With Quote