View Single Post
Old 08-17-2003, 09:30 PM   #2
Senior Member
Guilford350's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Terryville, CT
Posts: 542

Also, on that engine, do those little "arms" that track on the overhead wires supply electricity to propel the train? If not, what are they?
Those little "arms" are called pantogrpahs. They touch the above wires, called catenaries, which supply the electricity to the train.

It is possible that the train you took a couple of years ago would have been led by 1 or even 2 AEM-7's or maybe an HHP-8. Hope that helps.
Guilford350 is offline   Reply With Quote