View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 12:44 PM   #16
JimThias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgoldman View Post
Regardless - I say, bring it on! Sometimes the slightest nuance can make all the difference in the world - and in favor of either variation to different people. Some folks like warm photos, some like it cool.
So true, Mitch, so true. And you certainly know which image I'm partial to:

Image © Mitch Goldman
PhotoID: 372062
Photograph © Mitch Goldman

Image © Pete Lerro - www.Lerroproductions.com
PhotoID: 364248
Photograph © Pete Lerro - www.Lerroproductions.com

It's baffling to me how you didn't get any awards for that, yet Pete got a #1 PCA.

Quote:
Some like rods down, some do not care. Taking an image from 2 feet above the ground vs standing vs using a ladder, while all similar, can make all the difference to another photographer as can shooting wide and cropping vs shooting telephoto without cropping - neither one is "better" but one may have a completely different appeal to a certain audience. Heck, I've gone back and re-shot a scene only to capture different cloud formations or steam engine plumes. Bring it on. Is it "BEST railroad photos on the net" or "Our favorite railroad photos (or first posted) photos on the net"?
Well stated. I'm curious to what Chris and Chris would respond with on this matter.

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote