Thread: Best of 2016
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 02:47 PM   #19
KevinM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coborn35 View Post
Did you decide the normal ten shots was too much?
I think Michael's suggestion of posting only 5 is an excellent one. I might even limit it more. When everyone posts 10, the thread rapidly gets so long that people lose interest in looking at it. Short and sweet.

Like many others, I have a back-log of 2016 shots that I will get around to posting at some point. Many times, I think there is a tendency on the part of the viewers to believe that when a frequent poster suddenly stops posting, they must be having some issue with the site, the screeners, etc. Often, I think the real issue is TIME. Life sometimes gets in the way of fun stuff.

Anyway, here are my 5....mostly shots that would be difficult to re-create without the sun and moon aligning....and the expenditure of lots of $$$:

Reading & Northern 425 in the snow at night:
Image © Kevin Madore
PhotoID: 567899
Photograph © Kevin Madore

The re-creation of the Bob Richardson Flanger Train photo...minus the spreader and the code lines:
Image © Kevin Madore
PhotoID: 570635

The DRGW 315 crew working on their engine at Cumbres in the clouds:
Image © Kevin Madore
PhotoID: 589296

Georgetown Loop's #111. Not nearly as many views as the SC with the train on the Devil's Gate bridge, but I just like this shot...fall colors, snow, pretty sky, back-lit plume, etc.:
Image © Kevin Madore
PhotoID: 596891

The Christmas Card from the WW&F. Photographing steam in falling snow is rarer than you might think. You can pay someone a lot of money and never re-create this:
Image © Kevin Madore
PhotoID: 601575

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.

Last edited by KevinM; 01-08-2017 at 02:53 PM.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote