View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #34
Damaged

Default XIV Girls just wanna have fun

Website for the trainpark and giftshop has changed to "working to get someone in there in Oct". I didnt hear any other rumours when I was down there last weekend.

I went down to the train park about dusk last Saturday with my daughter,her 3 girlfriends,a trunk full of fire wood, and a sack full of stuff for S'mores. They had a blast!
They were running around taking pictures and climbing on the Whitcombs.When they saw how the moving cars blurred in the low light.They thought that was the coolest background for their My space pix. They are all such posers anyway.
Lots of action on both lines. The girls were in awe of the size and volume of the units rolling through. they got to see at least 10- 12 units in a little under 3 hours.
When I showed them how the UP train is outlined and detailed with reflective tape and decals and how it pops out when you hit it with the flash,well they thought that was pretty cool too. They ate S'mores & slammed Dr Pepper til I thought they were gonna be ill. They even turned off their cell phones and quit texting. We were the last ones at the park and left about 10:30

After months of them ridiculing me every time I asked them if they wanted to go they finally found out its not that bad. They want to go back again. I have retained my status as a cooler than average dad despite being a railhead. Below are some of their pix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rochelle 092708 012.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	3400   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rochelle 092708 015.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	3401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rochelle 092708 027.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	3402  

Last edited by Damaged; 10-06-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Damaged is offline   Reply With Quote