View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 06:24 AM   #49
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew

Send a message via AIM to Chase55671 Send a message via MSN to Chase55671

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTRailfan View Post
Sorry Chase, whether I lease or own my house, you won't be leaving under your own power if you just walk in without an invite.

So if you lease your car, I can just come and ride in it at my discretion?
I think of it this way. If someone is renting a home and I am taking photos from their front lawn, and they request that I leave, I simply will not. However, if their landlord (the actual owner of the property) asks for me to leave, then obviously, I'm going to leave. This is what the "photographers right" clearly states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWH View Post
I concur.
Why does the railfan believe that they can enter a corporation's property (owned or leased) to pursue the hobby. Perhaps it is only, me but there are so many locations, angles and conditions that outweigh station shots. Very similar to the Garden of Eden, you can have or do anything the in the garden except from that particular tree, but you know the rest of the story. I don't want to sound like a preacher sermonizing, but why do some believe that they are arrogantly entitled to do what they want for the sole purpose of their pleasure? Right or wrong, agree or disagree with Amtrak's policy, stupid as it may seem, but it is their right to protect their property, assets and employees as they see fit. When I was with CN, I don't recall in my rules instructions classes that my job was to include being a prop for someones trackside hobby photos.
Well said and I do see your point, although, it was clearly visible that no signs at or near the station platform stated that photography was strictly prohibited, therefore allowing me to capture my quick image. As I previously said, the property is leased and the owner of the property (I believe the City of Charleston owns it, and if that is the case, the station would be considered "public" property, therefore definitely providing me with the right to photograph there) has not stated that photography is restricted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadForeman View Post
Very well said. However, some folk believe that they can simply do as they please and act as they please. Unfortunately, the same is true with this radio issue. The only arguement presented was better range, gain and less interferrence. Really? Risk it all for that? And to Chase and Chris Paulhamus who are "confused", my opinion is simply that, my opinion. And Chris, the rape analogy is totally irrelevant to this, seriously. Just take a step back and analyize this from a different perspective, you may see it differently and understand that this is not an arguement or combative standing from me, I'm just trying to help some stay out of trouble.
Kevin, not quite understanding your logic on this one. Giving us the "right" to photograph where we please. You seem to be think us "railfans" are bad people thinking we have the right to take photos wherever we want and own CSX radios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadForeman View Post
And Chris, the rape analogy is totally irrelevant to this, seriously. Just take a step back and analyize this from a different perspective, you may see it differently and understand that this is not an arguement or combative standing from me, I'm just trying to help some stay out of trouble.
Your comment regarding the weed was quite irrelevant and there was no need to post it.

Chase
Click here to view my photos at Railpictures.Net
SLR Night Photography Tutorial | Railpictures.Net Beginners Guide
Chase55671 is offline   Reply With Quote