View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 11:46 PM   #3
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Send a message via AIM to Andrew Blaszczyk (2) Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Shortline:
favorite - Black River & Western
co-favorite - Winchester & Western

Of course, I need to go with two local shortlines. I fell in love with the BR&W after accidentally running into the freight at the interchange while railfanning NS back in 2006. Some three years and more than a dozen days spent chasing, I still can't wait to get out there this Friday!!! I awarded the W&W a co-favorite because they are borrowing a BR&W locomotive which happens to be my favorite diesel (a may very well be my favorite locomotive of any kind) but also because they are the friendliest, most down-to-earth guys in the world. From management to shop crew, they are all great guys and make a day trackside very productive and enjoyable.

Regional - Buffalo & Pittsburgh

I wish I could give a railroad like the Susquehanna the honors of being my favorite. Their road freight into and out of NJ runs in the late, late afternoon and early, early morning (in darkness most of the year) and have gone from 6 days a week to as needed in the past year. So, I will have to say my favorite is the B&P. Since I am a huge SD45 fan, being able to catch 5 in a consist in a not-so-bad-looking scheme is definitely cool and deserving of more than one trip.

"My camera is an artistic medium, not a tool of terrorism."

www.ab2photography.com Coming soon!
My photos on RailPictures:
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=960
Andrew Blaszczyk (2) is offline   Reply With Quote