View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 04:11 AM   #9
jnohallman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgoldman View Post
I don't follow you...

It will be years before the Acela's are supplemented with the Acela II's, and even longer before the Acela's are entire phased out. And when they are... Amtrak will still have more then one locomotive model on the NEC.

As for the Cities Sprinter - the proposed look was not something that would make one look away but I sure can not say the same for the current look.
Expect I'll have to find something to shoot other then Amtrak when steam is out of season...

Could've...

But instead...

/Mitch
Honestly, the finished product isn't that far off from the concept. The corners are a tad sharper, but the biggest difference is in the paint scheme. If they'd just have followed the paint layout from the concept, I think you'd like the finished product better.

The thing that I don't understand is that the new locomotive is described as having "crumple zones" to comply with new FRA regs. Unless I'm missing something, the crumple zone would appear to be the space occupied by the engineer. I wonder how that's going to work out . . .

Jon

Click here to see my photos on RP.net!

Do not, under any circumstances whatsoever, click here. Don't even think about it. I'm warning you!

Last edited by jnohallman; 05-14-2013 at 04:13 AM.
jnohallman is offline   Reply With Quote