Old 12-10-2018, 07:41 PM   #14
KevinM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewup on the CW View Post
This pic of my own
Image © Grew up on the CW
PhotoID: 658745
Photograph © Grew up on the CW
has over 10k views. I dont see that its that special to warrant that many "RP" views, so IMO, somebody had to link it somewhere but without that feature anymore, none of us will ever know.......
Right....I think that happens to many of us. When I post something, and it has 100 views in 15 minutes, I immediately assume someone linked it.

With the current state of affairs, one of mine will get perhaps 500 - 700 views in 24 hrs. Something unusual might get over 1,000 on its own. I virtually never make To24 in a couple of hours like some of these linked shots. If I make it at all, I am lucky to get an hour or two at #4. But that doesn't usually happen. For whatever reason, my stuff always seems to post next to KB or one of the other prolific linkers.

I don't do FB for a host of reasons, not the least of which is the behavior of that site. If you don't have an account, but want to look at the public site of a railroad or museum, a third of your screen is blocked by the so-called "curtain of death." That's just arrogance IMHO.

I think that a lot of people are legitimately addicted to FB. It used to be that on charters, you'd spend the time between stops visiting with people and catching up on friendships. Now, everybody has their heads buried in their phones, and they're posting quick and dirty versions of the photos they just shot. They call it "social media", but I think it is just the opposite. I also think that Facebook gets a lot of people killed. I'm not referring to a conspiracy theory. Rather, I am referring to people who are in their cars and who should be driving, not reading mindless drivel on FB.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.

Last edited by KevinM; 12-10-2018 at 07:43 PM.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote