Thread: Really?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 02:16 AM   #49
Freericks
Met Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
Charles, the last time I was in California in the middle of May, sunrise wasn't at 7:30 am and sunset wasn't at 6:30 pm (5:52 and 7:47 to be exact on May 14). Do you follow what I'm saying?

This is all about the lighting two hours after sunrise and two hours before sunset (when Nikos' shot was taken). You are contradicting my earlier posts by disagreeing with me and then saying it's "good light" until 3.5 hours after sunrise. So, in your world, it's NOT good light two hours after sunrise but it's good light 3.5 hours after sunrise (based on a 6am sunrise in LA on May 14)???

I guess I didn't explain myself, Jim. I'm saying Florida is south of here and further east in the time zone. The light was better later in Ohio than it was here, so the light in Florida would be bad earlier than here.

I just went about saying it in a very poor manner... but at least I didn't use an ellipsis.

EDIT - As an aside - you can shoot a lot later in the day (or earlier in the afternoon) on a north/south running line than you can on an east/west running line - where you are pretty much done for as early as an hour after sun up or an hour after sun down.

Last edited by Freericks; 05-23-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Freericks is offline   Reply With Quote