View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 04:05 PM   #11
KevinM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassloyd View Post
100000000000000% percent

Not fixing the lens generated distortion is lazy.. change my mind

Loyd L.
Generally speaking, I agree. I know some very good photographers who habitually end up with leaning verticals at the edges. Unless they happen to LIKE that, I agree that they should take take the extra minute or two to address that issue. The one situation in which I would cut them some slack is on a really wide shot, where the frame barely covered all of the essential elements, and doing full perspective correction would result in the loss of elements, or cut-off elements. If the scene is compelling enough and the only way they could render it is by accepting the lens distortion, then I am good with it. I think I've had that happen a couple of times to me. I always try to have a super-wide lens (like 14-24mm) with me, just in case I see something cool in a very confined space which requires the width. I've had some images that I shot with the 14-24 that just weren't correctable without losing the impact of the image.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote