Thread: Just my luck
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 04:53 PM   #7
KevinM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'd go back and post process some more. They're clearly letting some cloudy/common shots of this get it. Try to make the 4449 pop a little more from the background. I like this shot. I think you've got a winner here even if RP still decides to can the shot. I like it; I think it's just as interesting as some of the shots already in the database and moreso than a lot of them.

The real question will be if they ignore the lower part of the wheels being cut off. But that's a bridge you should cross when you get to it. So, go back and process again, then resubmitt. If it doesn't go on, consider a Flickr account or some other way of sharing this one with more foks because it's a worthy shot.
I'll second what Joe said. I think with some careful tweaking, the subject could be made to pop a little more. There are plenty of shots on RP that are a lot closer to the fringes than this one.

With the avalanche of shots of this locomotive, the Screeners may have decided to tighten things up a bit. Never the less, work on it some more and give it another go.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote