View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 03:43 PM   #22
JimThias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgoldman View Post
I'll take those 10 points as I don't understand your version of sarcasm.

What I am saying is the complete opposite of what you imply. Consistency is all I am asking and hoping for on RP - several screeners yet one set of rules.

I can go to a McDonnalds anywhere in the US and I get what I expect regardless of which person cooked my meal. If the meals keep getting better, that's great. I know it ain't easy and there is certainly discretion involved but there are several examples in the data base of images - both new and old that contradict what others have had rejected.

That was funny, you pointing out the typo in my name.
(25 points)

/Mitch
Mitch, that's what the appeal feature is for. Then, if you want to complain about the lack of consistency from the ONE person who screens the appeals, then you may have a bone to pick. However, things are always changing here...standards change, thoughts and feelings about photos change. Maybe 4 years ago it would have been accepted...maybe in 4 years it will be. But for now, there's just too much stuff blocking the train to appease the current feelings of the screeners.

You've also got to look at it from this perspective: if this shot is accepted, you're going to have every kid and his brother trying to submit shots of trains through trees (and I'm sure there are plenty of those on rrarchives already). Yeah, yours is panned, but not everyone is going to look at it as the only reason it was accepted. They might think that a well-focused shot of the trees and the train should deserve to be on more than yours. I'm guessing the screeners really don't want to deal with that kind of onslaught of shots.

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias

Last edited by JimThias; 07-21-2010 at 03:46 PM.
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote