View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 08:28 PM   #4
Decapod401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewup on the CW View Post
As I mentioned, I'm not a big fan of the electric locos and all the garb from the over head lines, so other than the line that runs by Strasburg RR and what I see on here, I really dont have a clue where this loco would run. Never had an interest, until now, to chase an electric train which is why I was asking for any ideas on where it might be running. I cut my teeth on Alco diesels bellowing black smoke, not overhead bird perches
While I'm not interested enough to devote much dedicated time to Amtrak's electrification, I think you would do well to spend a few hours along the northeast corridor. It's not the trolley operation that you seem to think it is. You won't see birds perching in the catenary. While I find the locomotives ugly and the train consists repetitive, standing on a station platform watching a train pass a few feet away at 100+ mph is a pretty humbling experience.

The PRR electrification was just a little out of range and traffic patterns unknown, I wish that I had been able to shoot the PC/early Conrail electric freight service, and I really wish that I had been able to shoot the Milwaukee electrification.

One other note - If you try to chase a train on the NEC, you won't catch it until it's on its return trip.

My RP Pics are HERE.

I've now got a Flickr. account, too.
Decapod401 is offline   Reply With Quote