View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 08:46 PM   #24
JRMDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_1995 View Post
No I don't. Thats the last frame I did of this train. Probably forget this shot then? I wish the screeners would have caught the balance issue in the first rejected try, would have saved me a lot of time if the image can't be saved.
If you want the shot on, you can get it on. If the issue is dead space on the right, crop right and top. You lose interesting details higher up on the silos but you get a shot of a train onto RP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkwlsn View Post
You should have waited until the train was farther to the right in the frame.
I don't disagree with Pwklsn's assessment on the train position, but I do get irritated with RP's compositional preference. Allowing the train to come through the frame farther does get the nose to a RoT position, but at the considerable loss of ground-level silo details. I personally am fine with and in fact shoot compositions where the train is positioned as it is here, in order to display whatever structural element exists in front of the train, as done here. I think the composition is fine as is; I might consider a different crop on top, perhaps keeping in a bit more of the details that are now not seen off the top.

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote