View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 10:42 PM   #22
KevinM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassloyd View Post
Bigger is better usually. I did knock my image size back from x3 to x2 on the website, but only out of fear of giving the thieves too big a file to work with. V

Loyd L.
That is a legit concern. I still upload no more than 1200 px on the long side here and on Flickr. There are just too many people "re-purposing" images these days. I see my stuff on websites everywhere. Fortunately, most of them give credit, but they are supposed to ask first.

WRT John's mention of Flickr, I don't like the way they autosharpen every upload. I have started dialing back the sharpness in the files I upload there because the images just looked overcooked from a sharpness standpoint. Eventually, I would like to get a "Thugmug" site like Loyd's. At least with a site like that, you can sell prints and not have to be involved in all of the transactions. Flickr is worthless in that regard.

BTW, I only refer to the parent company as "Thugmug" because of the way they treated us on Flickr. I had more than 1000 images, none of which were more than 1MB, but I got forced to buy the pro account anyway. "Pay us money or bad things will happen to your pictures." I consider that a form of extortion. I bought in because I had invested a lot of time uploading and captioning shots on that site. Even though I am paying now, they are really not giving me anything I did not have before.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote