Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2006, 07:12 PM   #1
cmherndon
Banned

Send a message via AIM to cmherndon Send a message via Yahoo to cmherndon
Default Tunnel Exploration, UP Grime, and a Major Golf Foxtrot

A few weeks ago, a couple of friends and I hiked along the old CNO&TP right of way near Sloans Valley, KY to check out tunnels 7, 8, and 9. These were bypassed in 1963 by a line change about a half mile or so to the west. It was almost a surreal feeling walking through the old tunnels and hearing trains climb the hill towards Greenwood. I put a page together this morning which also includes a few photos from old Burnside. You can check it out by clicking the link below.

http://www.cmherndon.com/galleries/relics

For trains, keep reading...

The night before the aforementioned exploration, we also did some night photography of T19's power. They had an ex-Southern SD40-2 that week, and that's only the third time I can remember T19 having 6-axle power. I only had one shot that turned out halfway decent.

NS 3274 - Lawrenceburg, KY

Also, during the day of the exploration, the sun managed to pop out through a few sucker holes here and there. We sat at Keno for a few minutes and managed to watch a few go by. 215 had a pair of UP motors. Not only did I shoot it, but the shot totally sucked as well. Even worse, I actually uploaded it for all the world to see. It is official: I need to have my head examined.

NS 215 - Keno, KY

That's all I've got for this round. Be sure and check out the blog for more entertainment. Until next time, I hope y'all enjoy and thanks for looking!

Last edited by cmherndon; 02-03-2006 at 04:18 AM.
cmherndon is offline   Reply With Quote