Old 11-03-2011, 02:20 AM   #1
Mgoldman
Senior Member
 
Mgoldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,648
Default How to trespass and get away with it!

Simply "Occupy Something" - bring your camera!

Warning! Do not attempt alone - this only works with groups.
Now get out there and get those unique photographs!



/Mitch
Mgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
troy12n
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,333
Default

I venture to guess that's not an NS line... otherwise, they would be on them like white on rice
troy12n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
JimThias
Senior Member
 
JimThias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 9,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy12n View Post
I venture to guess that's not an NS line... otherwise, they would be on them like white on rice
You're being too nice, Troy. I think the term "like flies on sh*t" is more appropriate.
__________________
.
Rhymes with slice, rice and mice, and probably should be spelled like "Tice."

This pretty much sums it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thias
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
viper
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Thunderhorn (US)
Posts: 90
Default

Pitbulls on kittens?
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
Freericks
Met Fan
 
Freericks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,041
Default

From what I read, I don't think they got away with it.
Freericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:33 PM   #6
Hatchetman
Part-Time Railfan
 
Hatchetman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,381
Default

I'm envisioning some sort of Super Dave Osborne ending to this scene.
Hatchetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #7
JRMDC
Senior Member
 
JRMDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 11,202
Default

This write-up features a picture of the crowd crossing on a bridge over Amtrak California service.

http://sfbayview.com/2011/notes-from-occupy-oakland/
__________________
My RP pix are here.
My Flickr pix are here.

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #8
jnohallman
Senior Member
 
jnohallman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC View Post
This write-up features a picture of the crowd crossing on a bridge over Amtrak California service.

http://sfbayview.com/2011/notes-from-occupy-oakland/
I wonder how that would read if it had been written by a journalist instead of a propagandist. I also find it interesting that the group - acting on the suggestion of an individual who probably qualifies as a member of the 1% on the basis of his income - decided to shut down the Port of Oakland "to cut off the flow of capital" or, in other words, screw with the lives of who knows how many people further down the line whose jobs are affected by the flow of goods in and out of that port.

Jon
__________________
"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." - Mark Twain

Click here to see my photos on RP.net!

Do not, under any circumstances whatsoever, click here. Don't even think about it. I'm warning you!
jnohallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #9
JRMDC
Senior Member
 
JRMDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 11,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohallman View Post
I wonder how that would read if it had been written by a journalist instead of a propagandist. I also find it interesting that the group - acting on the suggestion of an individual who probably qualifies as a member of the 1% on the basis of his income - decided to shut down the Port of Oakland "to cut off the flow of capital" or, in other words, screw with the lives of who knows how many people further down the line whose jobs are affected by the flow of goods in and out of that port.

Jon
I was hoping to avoid the politics, on this forum , but I though it was cool to see a train in the shot so I posted.

J, with fond memories of a visit to Emeryville CA some years ago, with Amtrak California and Amtrak action
__________________
My RP pix are here.
My Flickr pix are here.

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
JRMDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.