Old 08-10-2008, 04:01 AM   #1
Bryan Oliver

Default Noise and Overprocessed

I got this one rejected for noise/grain and overprocessed -
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...d=559432&key=0
I'll admit I don't have the best eye for detecting noise. But where is the "overprocessed" rejection comming from?
Bryan Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:34 AM   #2
wab1189

I have a hard time spotting noise to but I can see it in the sky on your photo. For the overprocessed, I have no clue maybe someone else can chime in on that.
wab1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:35 AM   #3
SCFrankie

The first thing I notice is how the fountain isn't really centered, it looks like there would have been a glare had you taken a head-on shot, but the more direct approach provides a better look.

I don't have a good eye for this sort of thing, but if you look at the top of the building curvature, you can see the grain. This might be caused by the re-sizing or compression process.

I would desaturate the photo a little bit too, the sky looks almost fake. Don't go overboard with the desaturation tool though, I wouldn't adjust it by more than a few points.

Other than that I think it is a great photo. I'm not really an expert though, so you might want to wait until some others throw in their two cents.
SCFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:48 AM   #4
Carl Becker

The noise is the most visible over on the right side of the photo. I think they're saying "overprocessed" because the noise seems to be creating a "halo" around the building. Don't quote me on that, though.

~Carl Becker
Carl Becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:57 AM   #5
Joe the Photog
A dude with a camera

I'll let the other comments stand on the noise. Not my strong point in seeing it. I like the colors, but take that with a *grain* of salt. (You know, the "Joe Blue" thing.) But I have to say that this shot almost looks like an after thought, like a snap shot, esp. on the framing. The fountain is off center and the building looks... off in some way I can't put my finger on. To be blunt, it looks like you were walking past the building and the impulse was to snap a "pic" as you walked by.

Joe