Old 12-28-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
RCH022

Send a message via AIM to RCH022
Default Stumped on 2 rejects

The first one I can see absolutely NOTHING wrong with, I dont think it's blurry at all? But it was rejected for undersharpened and for being blurry? Do you guys agree or is something else wrong w/it? http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=198016

The second one was rejected for bad motive twice. I know there isn't much to the shot but what about it didn't they like? http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=197848

Thanks for any help, Ryan
RCH022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:22 PM   #2
4kV

Location: Homeless, alcoholic drifter with no permanent address

The first one does have some motion. Take a close look at the number boards, and you can see that there is a little blur. Were it not for that, it doesn't look too bad, but they are usually a good indicator of the rest of the picture.

On the second one, I guess only they who rejected it could tell you for sure. It really doesn't stick out as overly exciting, then again, I am not one for streak shots anyway. I suppose it could have been because it was either cloudy looking or almost dark, nothing really interesting, but who knows.

Click on n691lf.rrpicturearchives.net for a good laugh and waste of your time.
4kV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:59 PM   #3
ccaranna

Hi Ryan,

After the initial rejection shock dissipates, I would sharpen the first one a little and resubmit it. If it gets rejected again, then try appealing it. Though I agree it does have a little movement as 4kV stated, it seems OK to me, too.

Chuck
ccaranna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:15 AM   #4
trainmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCH022
The first one I can see absolutely NOTHING wrong with, I dont think it's blurry at all? But it was rejected for undersharpened and for being blurry? Do you guys agree or is something else wrong w/it? http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=198016
Gad, I see nothing wrong at all... nice pic...wish I got such good lighting at this spot! If there's any blur, you've all got better eyes than me.

Rich
Old 12-29-2005, 01:13 PM   #5
ddavies

On the first one, try cropping some of the empty space on the right, and rotate maybe 1 degree to the right. After some unsharp mask, if it still gets rejected, appeal once.

The problem is, it is common power at a common place. Wait for the next snow fall, and return there to get a more interesting picture.
ddavies is offline   Reply With Quote