Old 09-04-2005, 10:31 PM   #1
alexramos

Default What... The... Hell... Want an explanation

Hi, this is my first time posting on these forums, I just shot an SP E unit yesterday in San Francisco, the weather wasn't that great so I converted most of my photos to B&W, I submitted about 8 photos, only 3 were accepted, I understand if maybe one or two was rejected, but all of the photos that the screener rejected were my favorites, I know they certainly aren't bad shots, people have told me that they are pretty good, interesting angles, etc... The part that really pisses me off is that that 2 of the 3 shots that they accepted was a wedgie and a roster, that I could care less about, I prefer the artistic shots instead. I want to know who the screener was who rejetected the photos, and I want an explanation why they were rejected, cause they obviously were wrong in the email I got. I have already told people about this and if something isn't done I will simply have my entire collection on this site removed if this BS continues to go on. To tell you the truth I enjoy railpics, love looking at other peoples photos, I understand that it is their choice to accept the photos they want, and reject the ones that they don't like. Seriously though, the screeners really need to start thinking about what photos they are rejecting, need to stop accepting so many boring wedgies and rosters, I am not saying that I don't shoot wedgies and rosters, but this site has gotten to the point where they don't look as close as they should be to the artistic shots that people submit.

Thank you for your time,
Alex Ramos

Here are the photos that were rejected...........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (118.9 KB, 504 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (182.2 KB, 445 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (69.7 KB, 452 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (139.7 KB, 434 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (150.1 KB, 409 views)
Old 09-04-2005, 10:32 PM   #2
alexramos

..... And the photos that were accepted. WOW, what a suprise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (138.7 KB, 399 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (73.0 KB, 401 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (154.0 KB, 388 views)
Old 09-04-2005, 10:38 PM   #3
4kV

Location: Homeless, alcoholic drifter with no permanent address

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexramos
The part that really pisses me off is that that 2 of the 3 shots that they accepted was a wedgie and a roster, that I could care less about, I prefer the artistic shots instead. ...........
So why upload them, or moreover, why take them in the first place if you do not care?

Quote:
I want to know who the screener was who rejetected the photos, and I want an explanation why they were rejected, cause they obviously were wrong in the email I got. I have already told people about this and if something isn't done I will simply have my entire collection on this site removed if this BS continues to go on. ...........
That's awfully demanding. If I talked that way to my parents when I was a kid, my face would have been slapped into next week.

OK, then leave. Start up a site called Alex's Artistic Train Photography. I'd look, I like your shots, but drop the tude, dude.

Quote:
To tell you the truth I enjoy railpics, love looking at other peoples photos, I understand that it is their choice to accept the photos they want, and reject the ones that they don't like. Seriously though, the screeners really need to start thinking about what photos they are rejecting, need to stop accepting so many boring wedgies and rosters, I am not saying that I don't shoot wedgies and rosters, but this site has gotten to the point where they don't look as close as they should be to the artistic shots that people submit.
Maybe that's what they want to accept.

You have just stated what pisses you off. Now it's time for me to state what pisses me off.......... people signing up on the forum, and having their first post be an apocolytic, tear jerking bitch session about some photo that was rejected, ranting about how bad the screeners suck, etc. Did you appeal yet, or just start bitching to the peanut gallery before you have sent an appeal? You have plenty of very nice artistic shots on here, so why get your panties in a tangle because a couple more were rejected?

And how about providing us with the reasons they were rejected, so perhaps a there could be a glimmer of constructiveness to this rant.

As we had to tell that deerhunter yahoo the other day, approaching this without the attitude is a much better way to go. Of course, he seemed like some hayrake who just joined simply to stir up trouble. I have a feeling you are a little more serious about what you do.

Click on n691lf.rrpicturearchives.net for a good laugh and waste of your time.

Last edited by 4kV; 09-04-2005 at 11:06 PM.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:46 PM   #4
NicTrain35

Alex - I would really watch your tones on the forums. I say that because a few people have been banned lately. The screeners here at Railpictures do a great job, and they put a lot of time and effort into the site. But if your attitudes continue on the public forums, it will get on their nerves and they might even ban you. Everyone gets photos rejected, even screeners. It's not the end of the world. A few of your shots are cloudy, in which they don't accept cloudy photos. The important thing is to keep trying, which will make you a better photographer.

My pictures at RP:
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=3955
Old 09-04-2005, 11:00 PM   #5
E.M. Bell

Send a message via MSN to E.M. Bell Send a message via Yahoo to E.M. Bell

Alex,

The reasons for the rejections should have been there in the email you recieved after they where screened. If you feel this strongly, then APPEAL the rejected shots....there is NO reason to bring that kind of attitude here to the forums. Its very simple, appeal the rejects, or let it go.

I ask anyone who feels the need to further respond or expand on this thread to do so by being civil. When these kids start these topics with this much bad attitude, it always seems to end badly. Keep it CIVIL or keep it OUT!

http://www.jreb.org
NS Fourms http://jreb.org/ns
Old 09-04-2005, 11:03 PM   #6
4kV

Location: Homeless, alcoholic drifter with no permanent address

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.M. Bell
I ask anyone who feels the need to further respond or expand on this thread to do so by being civil. When these kids start these topics with this much bad attitude, it always seems to end badly. Keep it CIVIL or keep it OUT!
E.M., sorry, I am guilty here. I'll shut up.

Click on n691lf.rrpicturearchives.net for a good laugh and waste of your time.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:27 PM   #7
jweber33

1 is obscure
3 is too urban
4, this isn't officerpictures.net
5 has too much clutter
6 needs a bit of rotating

Of all the foamers to complain... wow. Sorry to E.M., but this is a shock. Alex, you have the money...

Quote:
I want to know who the screener was who rejetected the photos, and I want an explanation why they were rejected, cause they obviously were wrong in the email I got. I have already told people about this and if something isn't done I will simply have my entire collection on this site removed if this BS continues to go on.
I think that's a bit harsh. You might as well remove those attachments, that's what I do when I 'lose' a topic. (or in my case, give up)

metrolinkvalleysub a.k.a. mvs
Old 09-04-2005, 11:35 PM   #8
Pat Lorenz

Holy Crap!
Old 09-05-2005, 12:37 AM   #9
E3429

I really like that first rejected one. Glad to see it finally made it in!
Old 09-05-2005, 12:47 AM   #10
Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Send a message via AIM to Andrew Blaszczyk (2) Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
Im gonna keep my response civil, but first... I too love railpictures, and like MANY on this site have gotten more rejected than accepted. Everytime I get a rejection I don't agree with, I calmly ask the other contibutors to the site what they notice is wrong with it or what am I missing. I have had gotten ones that I was going to give up on added this way as well as some I had to "let go" or "keep for my personal collection". Which is fine. I used to be the idiot that complained about the screeners and the reasons they were giving me but now I realize that this has helped me. Alex's shots are very artistic and in my opinion (and clearly his) are worthy of being on this. The screener however did not end of story. Appeals have worked 3 times for me in the past out of 50+ attempts. I have learned to try fixing me photo to meet the requirements. Appealing shows that the photo has been rejected once and isn't an advantage to get your photo "re-screened". More artistic shots in poor weather in my opinion should be looked at more carefully and be accepted more. It's a creative way around bad weather and if done right as I feel Alex's shots were than they should be put on display. I don't agree with the way he made his "demands" but I do agree that artistic, non 3/4 photos, in poor weather should be competitive against boring 3/4 sunlit shots.

"My camera is an artistic medium, not a tool of terrorism."

www.ab2photography.com Coming soon!
My photos on RailPictures:
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=960

Last edited by Andrew Blaszczyk (2); 09-05-2005 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:04 AM   #11
run_eight
Banned

Common' Mr. E.M. Bell, can't you admit as a screener that your biased? Can't you admit that it's all about the east coast and nothing else? Can't you admit that you guys have some kids yourself as screeners that have no sense of artistry? But will you guys ever admit your not perfect? Hell no!!

The mission of this site, is about as big a joke as you can get, you guys have no mission but to be as biased as you possibly can and to say "just look at the e-mail if you want to know why you were banned." Why say Alex has an attitude, if you guys were any kind of photographers, then you could give a reasaonable explanation rather than "Bad Angle" or "Horizon Not Level" or "Underexposed".

I was out there with Alex shooting pretty much the same thing, and while his E9/F40 roster shot is a tad bit lighter than mine, it's pretty much the same thing with the same clouds in the backround. Yet my rejection said "Underexposed", "Common Angle" and "Clouds", my god what a perfect world the foamers think they live in. It wasn't till this past few months that I've had alot more photos than I've ever had rejected, and it upsets me too that there's really no reasonable explanations to this.

Starnes will get mad at me for posting this, and he'll probably ban me, but I don't give a rats a**, there I'll be civil. As a matter of fact, I've asked that all my photos be deleted, and that my username be deleted from your files too. You can have your precious little web site all to your narrow minded selves.

Your probably saying, good, get out of here, don't let the door hit you in the a**. Yeah, go away stomping off and pout like a little kid. Nah, I'm a much better person than that, I'm just tired of the BS and I choose to no longer participate on this site, which I really used to enjoy.

I feel sorry for the fools who have dropped money to be an Elite member thinking that will have some benifit from having photos, rejected, a fool and his money is soon departed as they say.

I'd be worried when all your participants from the West Coast stop contributing, and request thier photos be removed as well, you can replace them with the East Coast stuff. Yeah, the shaded, underexposed, grainy stuff that's really great in your guys eyes. I can probably find thousands of photos which should have been rejected, if I had a whole month to go thru them all.

But I won't, have fun in your little endeavors, and your narrow minds.

Frank J. Caron

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.M. Bell
Alex,

The reasons for the rejections should have been there in the email you recieved after they where screened. If you feel this strongly, then APPEAL the rejected shots....there is NO reason to bring that kind of attitude here to the forums. Its very simple, appeal the rejects, or let it go.

Old 09-05-2005, 01:16 AM   #12
SD70MAC
HOBO

Damn man,
You have some issues if you think all that.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:25 AM   #13
Ween

Alex first, as civil as I can be:

Quote:
I want to know who the screener was who rejetected the photos, and I want an explanation why they were rejected, cause they obviously were wrong in the email I got.
How about: no. What makes you think you have the 'right' or authority to demand this?

Quote:
I have already told people about this and if something isn't done I will simply have my entire collection on this site removed if this BS continues to go on.
Great. And that will prove...what? I'm pretty sure the RP.net infrastructure will not collapse at the loss of you or your photos.

Quote:
To tell you the truth I enjoy railpics, love looking at other peoples photos, To tell you the truth I enjoy railpics, love looking at other peoples photos, I understand that it is their choice to accept the photos they want, and reject the ones that they don't like.
That's correct. It's good to see you understand.

Quote:
Seriously though, the screeners really need to start thinking about what photos they are rejecting, need to stop accepting so many boring wedgies and rosters, I am not saying that I don't shoot wedgies and rosters, but this site has gotten to the point where they don't look as close as they should be to the artistic shots that people submit.
Oops, wait, I guess you don't. Even though in the previous sentence you stated you understood that it's not your site, in the next one you are barking demands as if you have some say in the policies around here.

Maybe it's the rest of us, maybe we should realize that the world revolves around you and your photos...
Old 09-05-2005, 01:33 AM   #14
run_eight
Banned

Ha, and I'm in a mellow mood right now, wait till you piss me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD70MAC
Damn man,
You have some issues if you think all that.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:34 AM   #15
Ween

Now Frank:

Quote:
Can't you admit that it's all about the east coast and nothing else?
I guess North Dakota is on the east coast then as I have no problems getting shots accepted here. I've seen the 'age discrimination' card played out in the forums here...now it's the 'goegraphy discrimination' card.

Quote:
you guys have no mission but to be as biased as you possibly can
Speechless. Re-read that and maybe your brain will hurt as mine did...

Quote:
As a matter of fact, I've asked that all my photos be deleted, and that my username be deleted from your files too. You can have your precious little web site all to your narrow minded selves.
It appears that the narrow-minded ones are those who think the screeners at RP.net have some sort of bias or discrimination against only their stuff. I think us open-minded folk can learn from our rejections and move on in a civilized, polite manner...

Quote:
Your probably saying, good, get out of here, don't let the door hit you in the a**. Yeah, go away stomping off and pout like a little kid.
You're right.

Quote:
Nah, I'm a much better person than that
But you are pouting and acting like a childish a$$. The only thing you're being better at is being an a$$...

Quote:
But I won't, have fun in your little endeavors, and your narrow minds.
Bye, Frank. I'll keep my open mind at work taking photos and submitting them from the open skies of North Dakota: Now on the East Coast...
Old 09-05-2005, 01:34 AM   #16
run_eight
Banned

The RP.net infrastructure will not collapse just yet, but give it time.

[quote=Ween]Alex first, as civil as I can be:

Great. And that will prove...what? I'm pretty sure the RP.net infrastructure will not collapse at the loss of you or your photos.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:36 AM   #17
Ween

Quote:
The RP.net infrastructure will not collapse just yet, but give it time.
That's a pretty narrow-minded way of thinking...
Old 09-05-2005, 01:41 AM   #18
run_eight
Banned

Now Ween, did I ever say all my material gets rejected, nope. Maybe I failed to include this, but I never had problems until recently. And no, I don't think the screeners have a bias against not only my material, but the material of others. What, I can't speak my mind? If I really wanted to act like an ass, I could really start smearing folks by slandering them, I could use profanities up the ying-yang, but I didn't. I was generalizing when I made the East Coast reference btw, I know geography pretty good and have been to different parts of the US.

But see I'd expect this from the RP.net supporters, I told Alex not to make this post because this is exactly what was going to happen with all the supporters coming out of the woodwork to defend their heros. But he did, and I replied and had to add my two cents.

So be it, time for something more productive.

[quote=Ween]Now Frank:

I guess North Dakota is on the east coast then as I have no problems getting shots accepted here. I've seen the 'age discrimination' card played out in the forums here...now it's the 'goegraphy discrimination' card.

It appears that the narrow-minded ones are those who think the screeners at RP.net have some sort of bias or discrimination against only their stuff. I think us open-minded folk can learn from our rejections and move on in a civilized, polite manner...

But you are pouting and acting like a childish a$$. The only thing you're being better at is being an a$$...
Old 09-05-2005, 01:51 AM   #19
Ween

Quote:
this is exactly what was going to happen with all the supporters coming out of the woodwork to defend their heros.
I do support the screeners and respect the rules that have been put in place, but I guess labeling them as 'heroes' would be a generalization.

People tend to get their panties in a bundle when a decision is made against them and they tend to gravitate right to the rules and how they 'ought to be.'

Maybe I should start asking them this:

"What right or authority do the screeners have to come into your house or on your property and jump all up in your chili?"

None. The door swings both ways...
Old 09-05-2005, 02:02 AM   #20
jweber33

I still repsect Frank Caron... keep posting your stuff at TO, try TF and RRF.

I admit that if there was a site of this magnitude I'd be there... but there isn't.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:08 AM   #21
Pat Lorenz

Holy Crap!
Old 09-05-2005, 02:10 AM   #22
run_eight
Banned

Your right Ween, and I don't make it a general rule of thumb to just break rules and be different. I guess what I fail to see in the rejected and accepted photos is consistency, there's many that feel my way I can gaurantee you of that. There's many that have given up on RP.net and it's unfortunate. I respect what you have to say, and I will respect what either Kilroy or Starnes do when they ban me from the site, it's not like I didn't have it coming for my outbursts.

So with that said, I've said my piece and I'm done. I looked at your photos btw, good variety, good luck to you.

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ween
I do support the screeners and respect the rules that have been put in place, but I guess labeling them as 'heroes' would be a generalization.

People tend to get their panties in a bundle when a decision is made against them and they tend to gravitate right to the rules and how they 'ought to be.'

Maybe I should start asking them this:

"What right or authority do the screeners have to come into your house or on your property and jump all up in your chili?"

None. The door swings both ways...
Old 09-05-2005, 02:13 AM   #23
run_eight
Banned

Hehe, well I have a tendancy to put my foot in my mouth, but thanks. There's other places to post, and I have my own web site that I should update, so there's motivation to get busy and do that.

This is my final comment, I will say no more, I'll just read all the other posts of RP supports when they flame me.

I like my meat well done anyways!

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweber33
I still repsect Frank Caron... keep posting your stuff at TO, try TF and RRF.

I admit that if there was a site of this magnitude I'd be there... but there isn't.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:41 AM   #24
Ween

Quote:
I guess what I fail to see in the rejected and accepted photos is consistency, there's many that feel my way I can gaurantee you of that.
Well, there are alot of things in life or at work that I disagree with, but it doesn't mean I'm going to quit or move to Canada just because I don't agree. Just adapt and do the best that you can. Same thing with here. If you have a rejection and don't agree, try an appeal. If that doesn't work, guess what? Tomorrow's another day and you get to enjoy your time by the tracks. And that's the bottom line. Is the joy of fishing soley in catching the biggest or the most or is it getting out and enjoying what nature has to offer? Same thing here.

Quote:
I looked at your photos btw, good variety, good luck to you.
Thanks. BNSF makes it easy with their baker's dozen slew of paint schemes!
Old 09-05-2005, 03:42 AM   #25
J. E. Landrum
RailPictures.Net Crew

Sigh... It's a hobby guys. Please, anyone who is worked up about this just step away and take a deep breath. Look at it this way: RP is a 24/7 magazine. I've contributed to magazines for years and can wallpaper my house with rejection slips. RP, to a lesser extent, results in the same way. I've learned that rejection of a photo is not a big deal and move on. Heck, I'm a screener here and have had gobs of photos rejected (we are not allowed to screen our own stuff nor our friends). C'mon fellas, lets just shake hands and make up. Keep contributing material and go with the flow. We all have the same goal in the end! We all love railroading / railfanning and want to share with like minded folks.

Have a great holiday! - Erik Landrum
Closed Thread